We'd also like to change the way you think about "work"!
- Consider yourself a team player and look for a company that feels more like a family?
- Have a servant’s heart with the goal of helping others feel better, look better, and achieve a greater state of well-being?
- Embrace new things with an open mind and heart?
- Enjoy learning and growing, not just doing the same old service day in and day out?
- Get motivated by measured performance and the opportunity to earn more money with each hour you work?
- Get a thrill out of working on Fridays, Saturdays (and/or) Sundays and taking your ‘weekend’ when all the parks and stores are empty?
If so, take a look at Hiatus:
- Proudly known as the first spa in the entire world (yes, world!) to offer a spa membership that includes one of six essential services each month for our members. Recognized by the International Spa Association with the Innovation Award in 2013!
- Home to over 5,000 H-Circle members and growing
- A full-service day spa focused on high-touch (not high-tech) services
- Five locations and growing (hint: this means growth opportunity for you!)
We believe that spa services should be a part of self-maintenance and self-love. Everything we do at Hiatus–from our unique pricing, to services, to our hours of operation–reflect the mission of letting people live a spa life!
Here’s what we can offer YOU:
- A career, not just a job
- Ongoing education, offering consistent modality, product knowledge workshops and external education reimbursement
- A membership base of 5,000+ people who get monthly services….(read: built-in business. All you have to do is wow them with your skills!)
- Competitive, commission and performance-based pay, with monthly bonus opportunity
- Flexible scheduling, part- or full-time, with a focus on evenings and weekends
- Employment, not an independent contract (this means no tools, no product buy-in, and you won’t have to carry around a bolster anymore)
- Innovation. We don’t want to be the same old spa, just like you don’t want to be the same old you.
- A clean, green environment to work in. No artificial nail dust, grade B oils and cremes, or toxic cleaning agents in this spa.
- A community vibe; we love to fundraise for clean water projects and other things near and dear to our hearts. (cancer, furry friends, school and kids, etc.)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance for FT employees
- A wellness bank of earned time off based on your schedule
- Six month raises based on performance
- You keep every dollar of gratuity earned… no deductions for merchant processing or other ‘helpers’
- We give you everything you need to do your job…. just show up!
- Retail commissions, monthly bonus opportunities
- Training, training and more training. External CEU training reimbursement allowances for pre-approved trainings
- Yoga on the rooftop
Is Hiatus in your future?
Our team is growing! If you are looking to become part of a progressive spa family, committed to service excellence and personal growth, we would like to meet you! Please stop by in person with your State of Texas licensure (required for all service provider programs) to receive a spa tour and complete an application for employment.
About Hiatus Spa + Retreat
Our award winning spa concept opened in Dallas in 2007 with our signature membership, the H-Circle, a concept that was conceived to give our guests good reason to frequent the spa. Our second location in Austin (2010) was a given since we have deep roots in the city, and are proud Longhorns, to boot. Not to mention that Austin is a city where people take pride in taking care of themselves. . . a perfect marriage. Our third location opened in 2014 in Plano to meet the demand of the Dallas area spa junkies. Our fourth and fifth locations opened in San Antonio and Houston, respectively, in spring 2017.
Hiatus Spa + Retreat is proud to be included in the Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest growing privately owned companies in the United States for 4 years running.
Massage Therapist Needed!
We need three massage therapists to join our next training group. We are growing year over year and the Friday-Sunday wait-list makes us sad. Turning away business is not fun. Do you have an active massage license, with a minimum of six months experience working in a spa or massage establishment? We believe that some people just have the gift, so years of experience is not as critical as the desire and the passion. We need someone who can work 3-5 days per week, a minimum of 6 (ideal 8) hours per day. We need someone who is open to doing everything we do… that includes massage, hot stones, wraps and body glows. If you don’t know it yet, we can teach you.
Now Hiring in San Antonio!
Now hiring in our San Antonio location for:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org !
“During my time at Hiatus, I’ve watched my retention double from my previous spa. I attribute that to the kind of connection and relationship that you’re allowed to build with your guest, that is truly the hallmark of our experience. My books are constantly full of people I adore.”Mason
“Working at Hiatus gives me the chance to use all of my different skills and strengths. Working with such a young and fast growing company makes everyday exciting and full of new challenges. The support I get from my coworkers and management is powerful and always readily available. I love working at a place that’s actively and intentionally growing.”Jessica
“We are different because our team members truly care about the wellbeing of our guests and each other. The spa light inside each of us illuminates and radiates!”Hillary